Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The AI Robots, Dug Holes in My Tangled Up Heart

So I recently got a new DVD and I honestly just can't stop watching it. In the past like five days I think I've watched it at least 20 times. And I even lent out the DVD to a friend for a day... Granted I watched it at her house one and a half times.... But... I mean I went a whole night without the DVD.... But I made sure I got that shit right back the next day... Hahahahaha...? I mean it doesn't seem normal to be watching this over and over again... And when I mean over and over again, mean quite literally the second it's over I'm hitting the replay button to start the movie again from the start.

So I'm crazy(what's new right?), but ya'll must be thinking WTF YO? What DVD is this where you are watching it over and over again and just can't seem to get enough of it? Well, before you make any judgments I just need to say, I have no f-ing clue! I don't know why I have such a need to be constantly watching this movie! And I also have to say I'm not watching-watching it the whole time... I mean I'm doing other things while watching this fine DVD, like typing out this post for example, or playing a game on my iPad, or like browsing Facebook. So I mean it's not like I'm glued to the screen watching-watching this movie. It sort of kind of just plays in the background of my life.

With that said, the DVD I've been watching like a crazy maniac is... Tangled. Yup, you read right, the Disney version of Rupunzel. Uggggg.... I know right?!? I'm like a six year old girl who is obsessed with a Disney princess. I really honestly have no clue why I feel so compelled to watch and watch...

Okay confession time, I know exactly why I'm so compelled to watch and watch, it's because I love the music, and I think all the characters are so lovable. And who doesn't sometimes feel like a person stuck in a tower, with no where to go? Who doesn't have dream that they want fulfilled? And who doesn't want to fall in love and live happily ever after? I'll tell you who, robots. That's right soul-less robots who have no human emotions, unless you live in some alternate "Artificial Intelligence" universe, where suddenly robots can feel and in that case it's apocalypse now bitches! (that's right I made an AI reference, deal with it.) But now I can never tease anyone ever again for obsessing over a movie.

I remember the summer before I entered high school my cousin and I went to go see the movie "Holes". It was a good movie and to this day I still think it's one of the best book to movies I've ever seen, but my cousin LOVED this movie. Well it was a little more than love for her. She made me go see it with her again and again(she was lucky it was playing at the dollar theatre or else I wouldn't have gone to see it with her)... And then when it came out on DVD, forget it! She admitted to watching it everyday when she came home from school. I remember thinking gah, isn't she sick of that movie yet? luck for her though, she out grew this phase and no longer watches the movie "Holes" everyday.

But now it's like 8 years later and now I'm the person watching a ridiculous movie over and over again. Well actually it's a very good movie, it's just ridiculous how overly obsessed I am with it. Hopefully like all other things, I'll get over this weird ass obsession in a week or two. We can only hope.

1 comment:

  1. Haha that's me =]
    And that's what you get for judging!

    ReplyDelete