Friday, April 29, 2011

A Deep Love Confession... My Love For Coffee.

Dear Coffee,

I love you. Especially when you're mixed with cream. And sometimes sugar. I love your hot creamy bitterness and there is no other way I would want to start my day. I love you with a breakfast sandwich. I love you with a sweet pastry. I love you over ice or even blended with ice. I love when you are turned into ice cream and I especially love when you are baked into something like a brownie or a cake. With you, my day is worth living. With you in my life, I can do anything I put my mind to.

Without you I am nothing. Without you my life is incomplete. without you I quake and shake, because it is your absence that makes me quiver with my longing for you. Many may say my trembling is a sign of my withdrawals from your wonderful caffeine, but I know it's from the withdrawals of your love in my system. Your love keeps me awake at night with all sorts of mind numbing thoughts. And then in the morning when I wake up groggy and tired, you are there to lift my spirits and perk me up for the rest of my day. You are like my elixir of life and I know I couldn't possibly live without you.

I remember the first time we crossed paths, we didn't really agree. I remember thinking I was never going to like you. But like loves that run deep my attraction to you grew over time. Our paths continued to cross and I grew to love you. And this love, this love has evolved over time. My love that was once just a simple trickle of water is now a fast running river. It is as wide as it is deep, and ever flowing. This, my love for you.

I know I've tried quiting you before. And it was all a mistake. Every time I think I'll move on to something new, like green tea or even juice, I know it's just a silly little phase and I know I'll come running back to you like the prodigal son. I can never deny you no matter how hard I try. Because who can live up to your greatness, your goodness. Living without you in my system is not really living.

Oh Coffee, as I currently sip on your wonderful juices, I know that I will never deny my cravings for you ever again. I love you, and I know you love me back. May I never go a day without you! Oh Coffee you wonderful, wonderful drink! Hear my praise, for I love you, and as long as I live, you will always and forever be a part of my life.

As the beautiful Olivia Newton-John said "I love you, I honestly love you." And as the great Ke$ha says "your love, your love, your love, is my drug." and then as Simple Plan says "I'm addict, I'm addicted to you." And as the true addict Amy Winehouse says "they tried to make me go to rehab, but I said 'no, no, no'." But I digress. In short, I love you.

The deepest and most sincere love,
Me <3.

No comments:

Post a Comment