Sunday, February 13, 2011

Alcohol? Yup I'm going there already. Deal.

I recently turnned 21 and legally I'm now able to drink alcohol. Now believe it or not but I've never had a drop of alcohol before I turned 21. I know most people try it or whatever before they even leave high school, but I was always the type of person to never wanna break laws and I never really saw the appeal of drinking, getting drunk, and then acting stupid.

So when I turned 21 it was kind of a big deal that I could finally drink. Now I'm not saying I'm an alcoholic.... But I finally get it. I get why people drink at parties and I get why people love to do it. My first drink was interesting. it was a strawberry margarita. sounds yummy yes? Yes. I thought so too, which is why I thought it would be the perfect first drink.

The buzz that I got was pretty cool and I admit it felt nice. I felt even more plesent than I already was and somehow I seemed to be more giggly, which now looking back is very out of character for me. I know for a fact I felt way more affectionate towards people than I normally do, but it felt pleasant. I felt warm and tingly all over. My face was all red, cuz I'm Asian and that's what happens to Asians when we drink. I felt good...real good.

But the taste of the alcohol was disgusting. I mean it tasted like someone dumped some nail polish remover into the drink and decided, hey let's drink this shit and see what happens to us. I know I have sensitive taste buds but damn, I never knew how horrible the taste of alcohol was gonna be. the first sip of my margarita went something like this:

Me: Oooo... Look at this pretty pink drink...
Margarita: Drink me! Drink me! Don't I just looks so yummy!
Me: Yes, you do look yummy so I think I'll have a sip of you before my food comes... *sip* Mmm... Strawberry...
Margarita: See don't I taste yumm-
Me: *BLECH* WTF IS THIS? Uggg.... What's up with this Margarita?
Margarita: oh, well that's just something called alcohol...
Me: oh... Ewww... (shoving the whole basket of chips down my throat to try and get the taste of alcohol out of my mouth)

So even though my first experience with drinking wasn't as plesent as I wish it was I've given alcohol multiple second chances. But I can't seem to get over this horrid after taste of alcohol. And considering my newness to this alcohol thing I think I've tried a good variety of different types of alcohol. Rum, tequila, vodka, wine, sake, champagne, kaluha, beer. I've sipped and drank some of these, had them in sweet drinks, fruity drinks, shots and even dessert but none of this seems to hide the fact that the taste of alcohol is simply awful.

Now I know what ya'll must be thinking... Ummmmm.... HEY, TARD. IT'S FUCKIN' ALCOHOL!! Okay yeah I know, but I never thought that it would taste THAT bad. I mean why would people drink it, if it taste horrible? And why would people rave on and on about their favorite alcoholic drinks and how wine or beer tastes so good with their foods?

Maybe I'm crazy or something but since I've turned of age I've been obsessing over the fact that I love feeling the buzz from the alcohol but hate the taste of it! It's not normal! I mean what person in their right mind drinks something they don't like the taste of? No one. But maybe it's just the fact that I'm so new at drinking. I've heard from some people that eventually I'll not even be able to taste the alcohol. But why would you need the alcohol in the first place if you eventually end up not tasting it? I know for the buzz... But then... And then why... But how.... argggg(I'm a pirate)... I honestly don't know anymore! Alcohol boggles my mind!

So I guess until I find an actual drink that tastes extremely yummy, and gives me a good buzz I'll be obsessing over this alcohol conundrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment