Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Suck it Sneaky Secret Sales, I'm on to You

About three months ago I became the proud owner of a shiny new iPad. In fact, it is what I'm using right now to write this blog. Since the moment I got my iPad I've used it everyday for a myriad of things. I've used it for entertainment, games, school, games, watching videos, games, writing my blog, and I suppose playing games. Since I'm just a poor college student I try my best to be thrifty and I try to get the best deals on all the apps I download on my iPad.

The downloading of the apps have taken on a life of its own. I mean there was a point where I spent hours upon hours looking up apps, watching and reading reviews online, all whilst on my spiffy iPad. Granted I had to shell out a couple buck here and there to get some really kick ass apps but all the apps I paid real money for was all worth it... AND they were all paid with iTunes credit.

But now that I only have 70 cents left on my account and I'm refusing to pay for any other apps. But there is this one app that I have my eyes on... Okay well several apps I have my eye on. The price of each app ranges from maybe $1.99 to $6.99. Now ya'll must be thinking "what a cheap ass, it's not even that much, just get it.". But you see here's the thing, I just know the second I buy this really kick ass app, it's going to go on sale. I can feel it in my bones.

How do I know this will happen to me you ask? Because it already has happened to me. Back when I had a bunch of store credit I found a game that was really kick ass but it coasted like $9.99. So not the most expensive game, but in my mind still pretty pricy. But I decided, hey what the heck, I really wanna play this, so I threw caution to the wind and I bought the damn game. A couple of weeks latter what do I see while browsing the app store? It went on sale! For three whole dollars less. That's almost a whole app!

I was beyond pissed. How could the app store do this to me? How could they decide just a few weeks later to charge less than what I paid for? I felt like I wanted three dollars back. I felt completely ripped off. I felt absolutely betrayed and I lost all respect for the App store.

But at the same time I saw another game I had wanted that was way less for than what it originally was so I picked it up right away. I guess if you look at in in retrospect I at least didn't spend full pop on all of these games. But still, if I had saved money in both games, then maybe I would have been able to get another game.

So now that I know that apps go on sale my friend recommended to me a website that tells you when these apps go on secret sale, or even free! Ever since I found this site I've become obsessed with reading almost everything this site has to offer! And thank god, because I have saved on a bundle of apps that were on sale or free. In fact since I've discovered the site I've only been downloading free games.

However the recent discovery of that game I mentioned earlier has made me seriously considering cracking under the pressure and just shell out the money for this completely awesome game. I mean it is less than $10.00 but it really is the principle of the matter. I want my game, but I want it at a good price. But I really want it... Sooooooooo badly.

What game could be sooooooo good you ask? Well it was a game I played a while ago... Why would I want to play it again you ask? Well because it was a fun game that I only got to play a trial version of years ago, and I really liked it but I never got around to buying the real game. And with my current addiction to chocolate of course the game would be about chocolate. Why would I want to torture/feed into my addiction you ask? Because isn't that what all addicts do? Anyways, it's a strategy game about chocolates and you get to make chocolates, sell them, trade them. The game is called 'chocolatiers' and it is honestly the most fun I had with a strategy game ever. EVER.(O_O)

And I know the second I buy it, they are gonna put it on secret sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment