Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Not So Secret Life of a Chocolate Addict

I've never had this big of an addiction to something in my life than my current addiction to chocolate. I really don't know what it is but recently I've just been craving chocolate like a PMS-ing high schooler.

It all stared with nutella. You know the chocolate hazelnut spread that tastes good on almost anything. Well I had a jar of it at home and I started eating it with bread, crackers and toasted tortillas... And it tasted SOFA KING good! I became addicted to this damn nutella and it was freakin' delicious! Honest, toasted tortilla with nutella and bananas, tasted like the most unbelievable crêpe ever!

Anyways, a week or two later my friend convinced me to buy a pack of mini M&Ms and regular M&Ms for reasons that shall remain between the two of us, (Ididn'tknowhowtoswollowpillssohetoldmetopracticeonM&Ms,yesIrealizehowpatheticthatis,don'tjudgeme,oksothejudegemntsalreadybeenmaAde,Ijustdon'twannahearit) and so here I was with these two packs of M&Ms. I don't normally like M&Ms because the chocolate is not particularly good but when I started eating these M&Ms they were the best goddamn thing I've ever had! I was experiencing a chocolate ecstasy like no other. By the time I realized I ran out of M&Ms it was too late, the addiction had set in. I was willing to lie cheat and steal, anything to get my hands on more chocolate.

It was the only thing that could satisfy me. I wanted chocolate and I wanted it now! Luckily the gods must have heard my request for my mother had a gift certificate to See's Candy! It was as if the gods had spoken and they chose me! Me, just a small town girl, living in a lonely world, I took the midnight train to Georgia... Okay not really, but here I was with a gift certificate to the ultimate candy shop. It was as if God approved of my addiction!

So I went to the store and it was a candy heaven! I mean the way they display all the candies is just so cute and it makes the candy even more appealing. They have all the boxed candies piled in heaps around the room all shiny in their boxes saying "take me home and eat me!" And the display for all the individual little chocolates makes them look like little chocolaty gems. They are in their little dishes according to flavor as they softly whisper, "try me, you know you want to, you know you want me."

I ended up getting some hard candies, vanilla and latte, which looking back on it I don't know why I didn't just get all chocolates... But then I was left with the option of getting some chocolates from the case... It was like asking an alcoholic what they wanted to drink first. I wanted to consume the whole case all by myself, except for the nougats and the creams... Those I'd probably just suck off the chocolate shells and then spit the rest out... But my options were limited and I had to choose right then and there.

So I picked up some scotch mallows and California brittle..... This was one of the best decisions of my life. When I got home that day with my little baggie filled with these candies I was beyond the need to consume them. But consume I did. I tried to savor the chocolaty goodness as best I could, but my parents decided they needed to eat some too, and before I knew it the bag that was once filled with the joy of the world, was now gone and in the deep dark pit that was my belly.

I was devastated. How could there be no chocolate left? How could I go on with my life. I needed my chocolate! I searched the house high and low for some kind of chocolate, but the only thing left in my house was the nutella. But how could I eat this damn paste and be satisfied after I just had some of the best chocolate of my life? How could you ask me to go from a fine wine to a disgusting beer? What could possibly satisfy my chocolate addiction?

So I baked a cake and used the nutella as a frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment