Monday, April 18, 2011

Taking it to the Extreme! *HELLS TO THE YEAH*

I'm not sure if any of you have seen this on tv but I'm obsessed with this new show on TLC called "Extreme Couponing". I mean the title basically says it all... People take couponing to an EXTREME! *background explodes, the couponers defend their stock piles by crossing their arms across their chest, and looking like they mean business. TLC has taken advantage of these poor people once again as the masses of America eat up yet another cheap reality show* These people save up to 98% on their groceries just because they clip out like a billion coupons! I mean to these people it's like some sort of sick game where they buy loads of stuff and then they pay little to nothing for it all. And most of the times they don't even need some of the things they buy. I saw this one lady buy a bunch of antacid just because she was getting each bottle for like 49 cents. She said she didn't even need it, she just couldn't pass up on a good deal.

These people are obviously freaking crazy. They are so obsessed with clipping the coupons and going on the Internet to check out shopping deals. They wrangle their kids into clipping out hundreds coupons, like little sweat shop children, and then they have complex coupon organizing folders based on expiration date and product. They spend hours planning out their game plan and even plan how they are going to check out at the register. These people live and breath couponing. And I'm not gonna lie... I'm kinda jealous. I'm jealous because these people are saving so much god damn money! Do you know how much money a poor college student has? Like close to zero. Do you know how much these people pay for their groceries? Like close to zero. So it would make perfect sense for me, a poor college student, to take this up as my new obsession.

Not only do I need to take this up as my new obsession because of the obvious money saving reasons, but I need to take it up for the sheer fact that these people can't beat me on the fact that they are more obsessed with something. I mean I'm the queen of obsessive tendencies, how can these people be more "extreme" than me? I mean just look at me, I'm obsessing over obsessiveness! Seriously, these bitches think they can be more extreme than me... Not if I can help it.

So I took it upon my self to look up on how to "extreme" coupon. And you know what there really is a crap load of information on the web dedicated to couponing. It really isn't too difficult if you want to put the actual time into it. But do I really want to put my time into this, now knowing that I'm totally capable of executing the "extreme" couponing? No... But at the same time do I want to save money and show those bitches that I too can save me some money? HELL YEAH I DO!

I think there's another new theme coming into play on this blog... The duality of my "extreme" obsessiveness versus my "extreme" laziness. I think this might possibly be signs of a crazy person... True colors people, true colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment