Saturday, April 16, 2011

"It Was Like an Orgasm in My Mouth!"

I'm going through a Mexican phase. I'm constantly craving the goodness that is Mexican. From twelve in the morning or even six at night, I'll be wanting some good Mexican. And before I get ahead of myself, I mean Mexican FOOD. You dirty minded people... Anyways... Yes, I've been on a Mexican food binge, and I can't get over my craving for Spanish rice and beans!

It's gotten to the point where I'll just suddenly get the strongest cravings out of nowhere. I'll be doing laundry, doing the dishes, driving in my car and I'll suddenly be craving Mexican rice and beans. And it's not just every once in a while either, it's like every other day. I don't even know why I crave it so often, but I do. And the strangest thing is until recently I haven't really been the biggest Mexican food fan.

When I was little my parents never took me to eat Mexican food, so I never really grew up knowing what Mexican food was all about. The closest thing I got to Mexican food were bean burittos and nachos at school. In high school my friend took me out to a Mexican resturaunt and I had no idea what to order. The only thing I knew on the menu were the nachos... And lord only knew what the hell Spanish rice was. To say the least my first taste of authentic Mexican food was played safe with an order of nachos.

A couple years later I tried the same restaurant again this time determined to try something different. I got a chicken chimichanga with a red sauce that was so delicious! On the side there was a salad, beans and some Spanish rice. little to say the least I had no f-ing clue what the hell Spanish rice was. Being Asian I frowned upon anything that was not plain white sticky rice. so I stuck to eating the beans, which were delicious and covered in melted cheese.

However by the end of the meal some of the beans had stuck to the rice... What was I to do? The beans were so good I didn't want to waste any of it. But how was I suppose to eat this rice that was not plain. In the end my obsession with food out weighed my silly stuck up ways about rice and I ate the beans that were stuck to the rice. And what do you know... It tasted beyond delicious. It was literally a food orgasm in my mouth. I quickly ate the rest of the rice, no longer oblivious to the goodness that was Spanish rice.

When I entered college I ended up eating a lot of Taco Bell, which I know isn't authentic Mexican food, but it would put me in the mood for good Mexican food. I would always think, gosh I can't wait to eat some real Mexican food. I'd wait and wait to go to my favorite restaurant and I just never ended up going. So of course I find out it closed down the second a strong Mexican food craving comes crashing down around me.

Ever since then I would have a craving for some Mexican food, but it really was for the Spanish rice and beans. I mean who can resist the fluffy rice, the toasted flavor that the rice had, the spices of the peppers and the tang of the tomatoes. Also when put together with the beans it creates one of the most spectacular combinations in the world. It's like in that moment nothing could go wrong, food wise, and I can't help but do a little happy dance as I work through a plate of good rice and beans.

But having my mexican restaurant closed it was like WTF! It was like being stranded in the middle of the ocean, where there was literally no Mexican food. Which come to think about it, Hawaii is exactly like that. But I suppose I'm being a tad dramatic. But I mean come on! Where else was I suppose to go for my Mexican food? Thank god for the Internet because lord only knows where all the other Mexican restaurants are hiding. They are never in a good spot for me to aquire food. I mean they always seem to be in the most incovinient locations ever. Like behind gas stations, or on the side of a random stretch of road with the shittiest little parking lot ever.

But I got to thinking, I love cooking, makes sense right since I love to eat, I decided hey I should try to make my own Spanish rice. And you know what, I totally did. Not only did I make my own Spanish rice, I made my own chicken to make chicken enchiladas, and chicken burritos. and guess what it tasted so good. It hit all the right taste buds for that orgasm in my mouth... That's right I went there... again. It was so amazingly good I had to share it with everyone.

I shared with my brother, with my parents, with my aunty, and then I took the rest of it to a friend's house where it was promptly devoured. The best thing was all of the food tasted even better the next day. The chicken had soaked in more of the sauce, the rice was more fluffy and the over all food-gasm was way better than the last. And now that it's all gone I have make more... But knowing me I'll probably just sit here whining about how much I want some Mexican food.

Back to square one.

No comments:

Post a Comment